Organizations face changes

Yearbook staff Kayle Pineda

Flags members Olivia Ryback and Conquerette officer Evelyn Amaya perform at halftime.

Helio Leza, Reporter

Law and Fire Tech, Flags and Conquerettes are all dealing with change. And a new organization, eSports, was added to the campus club selection.

“Flags and Conquerettes has doubled the amount of performances for band and on the sidelines, it means a lot of time-management. The captains are learning to work with two different groups and share the responsibility to be more flexible. We’re looking forward to the competitions and seeing them work together,” Conquerettes and flag coach Azucena Garcia said.

Law and Fire Tech compete in the same building at the same time.

“We are doing more stuff together but that changes nothing because we’re both trying to be great. The captains understand that it’s helpful to work together because we need to share students for benefits,” Fire Tech sponsor Paul Solis said.

ESports is a new club set up by the district.

“We have video game competitions on Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros., Rocket League, and Minecraft player vs. player. We have to follow UIL rules which mean students have to be passing their classes to be eligible to compete in tournaments,” eSports sponsor Paul Salcido said. “We will have officers but I’m not sure if we will be presidents or captains. In tournaments we will have 1 against 1, 2 against 2 and for Rocket League it is 3 against 3.”