Get involved

In school  giving back to the community is important and there are many clubs and groups that are doing their part to provide community service opportunities.

There are clubs to suit almost everyone’s taste.

AcaDeca – A club that competes on various topics. Sponsor: Barbara Garcia-Vasquez, W213.

AWARE – An alternative option for providing community service. Sponsor: Rick Jordan, A208

Band – The school’s marching band that competes too. Sponsors: Manuel Gamez, FA116

CCC – A club that helps students understand the work experience. Sponsor: Edana Slaight, P-11.

Choir – A club that uses their vocals as an instrument. Sponsor: Lisa Serna, C164

Class of 2014 – Senior Class organization that focuses on class spirit, decisions and ideas. Sponsor: Barbara Garcia-Vasquez, W213.

Conquerettes – A contemporary drill team that specializes in kick routines. Sponsor: Melissa Dominguez, FA145

DECA – An association for marketing students that lends a hand for those employed students. Sponsor: Gabriela Molina, A209.

CLOSE-UP – Get a closer look at the government and learn the rights and functions of a citizen. Sponsor: Patricia Recovo, E306.

Conquest Journal – A television show that is created by students while also helping to understand video technology. Sponsor: Marisol Rivera, C205.

DEBATE – A competitive group that increases leadership, speaking, and knowledge of political argument. Sponsor: Rick Jordan, A208.

Entrelace – A dance team that uses different styles of dance, mostly lyrical. Sponsor: Gloria Tovar, FA145

FBLA, Blue Chapter – A club that works with business classes to help students understand business and networks. Sponsor: Lupe Ramirez, A210.

FCCLA – A student organization that is focused on family. Sponsor: Yvonne Salcido, W102.

FNHS – French National Honor Society that promotes French. Sponsor: Paulina Alcaraz, E309.

Folklorico – A traditional Mexican style dancing. Sponsor: Melissa Dominquez, FA145

Fuego – A ballroom dance team. Gloria Tovar, FA145

KDVH – A digital media program that creates a weekly shows for the entertainment of the students and community. Sponsor: Marisol Rivera, C205.

MBA – A club to prepare students for college for better job opportunities. Sponsor: Hugo Martinez, A206.

NAHS – National Art Honor Society for visual arts, active in community and event participation. Sponsor: Sam Garcia, FA152.

NEHS – National English Honor Society promotes literacy throughout the community. Sponsor: Michelle Merritt, W114.

NEWSPAPER – Bringing news events to the students and community and even more now as the paper goes online. Sponsor: Antonia Seltzer, A207.

NHS – National Honor Society for top students. Sponsor: Richard Sanchez, W108.

Orchestra – A style of music using classical instruments; Violin, viola, cello, bass. Sponsor: Stephanie Shaurette, FA128

OTAKU – A club that is all about anime and the different ways and versions it is presented. Sponsor: Norma Nava, Library.

Student Council – Community service driven, this organization is involved in coordinating major school events. Sponsor: Cindy Spitz, C202.

VALOR – Helps students promote culture while reaching out to the younger community as well. Sponsor: Veronica Moore, S203.

YEARBOOK – A book that documents the school year. A year long project creating a unique book. Sponsor: Antonia Seltzer, A207.