Class of 2019 host karaoke Fridays

Hillary Monclova, Reporter

It’s the end of the week and sometimes people need a little more liveliness in their day. Every Friday during both lunches, a karaoke session is held in the commons for students and faculty. The stage is open to anyone who wants to be part of the fun and sing for their peers or fellow faculty members.

The class of 2019 is hosting the karaoke sessions.

“I know there are a lot of good singers here and sometimes watching somebody sing is better than watching somebody dance,” senior Adonnis Garcia said.

Karaoke offers a stage and provides entertainment too. The A lunch karaoke sessions include a variety of Mexican songs, B lunch is made up of upbeat pop tunes.

“We enjoy the performances. It also helps build self esteem,” principal Antonio Acuňa said.

Although not everybody performs the karaoke sessions are encouraging.

“I never sing,” junior Eduardo Torres said. “But it inspires me.”

Singing exercises the vocal chords and the karaoke sessions help students develop presentation skills.

“I feel that it gives them courage, and let’s them embrace whatever they do,” junior Brandon Aranda said.

With inspiration drawn from idols certain students find encouragement to go up on stage and face their fears.

“I love it when people clap for me and give me their love,” freshman Naomi Rodriguez said. “I don’t get nervous anymore because I went up and faced my fear. I learned it from watching my favorite singer Selena.”