A not so common house

Alan Enriquez

dvREADS book club’s Little Free Library is almost finished.

Alan Enriquez, Head Photographer

Some people have a library in their house. Imagine an entire house filled with books. The Little Free Library is a small house full of books and it will be in the commons.

“There are Little Free Libraries all over the country. It’s a lend and borrow library. You take a book and you leave a book,” librarian Elena Ortega said

The Little Free Library is not just for students. It will be available to all visitors.

“Anybody can come into the school to pick up a book as long as the school is open and they have a pass,” Ortega said.

The book club has been raising funds and planning the Little Free Library for almost two years.

“We fundraised the year before last. We sold pens Spring of 2017 to raise money for paint, paint brushes, sandpaper and wood,” Ortega said.

The book club hopes that the Little Free Library will encourage students to pick up a book and get them to start reading.

“I think the students, especially the ones who enjoy reading, will feel excited because it is something different in school and they may become more interested in what we do,” dvREADS book club president Krystal De la Peña said.

The book club hopes to get the Little Free Library soon.

“Our goal is to get it out next week. We are working on the last parts of the house,” Ortega said.