Giddy on up to the Homecoming Parade

Homecoming+queen+Love+and+king+Roman+wave+to+the+crowd+at+the+homecoming+parade.+

Samantha Velarde

Homecoming queen Love and king Roman wave to the crowd at the homecoming parade.

Samantha Velarde, Reporter

Homecoming is here and organizations are showing their school spirit at the Homecoming parade. Everyone comes together to walk through the streets offering candy, waves and cheers.

Student council organized the Homecoming parade and many of the clubs had help from parents with the floats.

Debate wanted everyone on the team to walk along with the float during the parade.

“We have many of the debate parents help us with their trucks and decorations, “ debate member Danielle Perez said. “We invited debate students to come with us to show we have the most school spirit at the Homecoming parade.”

All grade levels participate in the parade. The junior class wanted their float to be eye catching.

“Our class wanted to be unique since everyone is going to be doing cowboys or horses we decided to do Whataburger because no one else has thought of it,” junior class vice president Lezley Martinez said. “Our goal for this parade is to bring awareness to our club and have students join.”

Many of the sports organizations took part in the parade and the athletes lent a hand.

Junior Natalie Murillo wanted the varsity volleyball team to  represent the best.

“I give up my homework time and the team gives up practice time because we want our float to be the best one there,” Murrio said. “ The parade gives us a chance to show our school spirit so it’s worth it.”