Seniors face an emotional goodbye

Senior+Cameron+Laborin+takes+a+look+back+at+the+Conquistadores+sign+before+saying+goodbye.+

Michelle Hernandez

Senior Cameron Laborin takes a look back at the Conquistadores sign before saying goodbye.

Michelle Hernandez, Reporter

School is practically over and graduation is almost here. It is exciting, emotional and a relief. Seniors are ending the chapter that is high school and starting anew. It is emotional to say goodbye to friends, teachers and the school.

“I’ll be ready to graduate because I’m an individual and my comprehension of the world shows me many path to success,” senior Rycardo Flores said.

Graduation is exciting, but scary. Some students may be going to a university far from home, some may be joining the military or getting ready for community college. Wherever they go it will be a big change for most. Students will have more freedom and meet new people. Everyone feels different about graduating. A few may not be ready because they don’t want to leave. They are nervous about college or saying goodbye.

When seniors were freshmen they looked forward to high school. Students were excited to become seniors one day. When it was time for registration the new seniors were happy and parents emotional. From the first day of high school to senior year most students have grown and changed.

“As a freshman I thought being a senior was just another milestone, but now I see how important it is to me and my family,” senior Derick Carrillo said.

Senior events make seniors anxious about graduation. Students are overwhelmed with finals, happy to be clearing, emotional as they walk the halls they will soon leave behind. Each student has faced issues and learned something in the last four years. It will be hard to say goodbye, but it will be good to see what the future holds.

“I just want to say thank you to the teachers, administrators, classmates for making senior year good even though it’s a lot of work,” senior Cristian Zepeda said. “I wish everyone good luck on their future and give it all you can, but most importantly don’t give up.”