As the song says, breaking up is hard to do

Jesus Vizcarra, Reporter

The relationship is about over when one partner has been acting weird for a while and he or she says “We need to talk.” To avoid tears one needs to learn and practice the best way to break up.

Here on campus couples seem to break up every two weeks. Students have many stories about their past relationships and how they ended.

“I went out with this girl for about six months and I started to lose feelings, so I broke up with her face-to-face,” sophomore Chris Campos said.

Most relationships end because feelings just disappear, the person may become bored or just loses interest. But all kinds of other emotions come to the surface during a break up.

“She started crying and that made me feel really bad,” Campos said.

Break ups can go either really well or really bad. When the time comes to break up one needs to do it in style and be sensitive.

“When it comes to breaking up, you should always be honest,” sophomore Valeria Vasquez said.

Being honest is key, but saying things in a positive way helps. It might avoid a slap in the face. Lying only causes more drama.

“I once lied to my ex girlfriend saying that I was moving to another city so we had to break up but when she found out that it was a lie she cried and now she and all her friends hate me,” junior Ali Paiz said.

Lying may seem like an easy way to break-up with someone but the bad thing is that sooner or later the truth will come out.

“When you break up with someone you need to be 100 percent honest with that person, because it will hurt the person even more when they find out that you lied to them,” sophomore Arlene Vargas said.

Teachers have advice for students and break-ups.

“When you’re about to break up with someone being honest and not making up stories is the best way to do it because when the truth comes out it will just hurt the other person more,” biology teacher Ramon Benavides said.

It doesn’t matter how one looks at it break-ups are sad.

“I was in a relationship, and he left to a college out of town. When he came back he told me that he had found someone else. I got in my car and left with a broken heart,” Child’s Development teacher Yvonne Salcido.