Students, faculty opt for spooky costumes

Jesus Vizcarra, Reporter

Vampires say hello, Deadpool head nods, Chewbacca cuts in line at lunch, oh yeah it’s Halloween and costumes are crazy. Some students prepare for this holiday months in advance.

Science teacher Ysidro De La O dressed up as Professor Snape from Harry Potter. His costume even included a real snake and his students got to admire it.

Some girls dressed up as cats and deers. They got creative with their makeup and costumes. They didn’t need to spend much money it was simple and cool.

Guys had a lot of painted faces and fake cuts with gore and blood all over them.

Spirit Halloween chat employee Cas said that scary clown outfits were popular for men.

Women seem to love Harley Quinn’s outfit, her costume is one of the best sellers. Harley Quinn from the Suicide Squad movie has been trending for women Cas said.

Some teachers also love to dress up for Halloween.

“I always try to be creative with all my costumes, I dressed up as a computer bug once,” Career and Technology Department head Guadalupe Ramirez said.

Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton costumes are also trending.

“I might dress up as Donald Trump this Halloween since I’m going to vote on Monday,” Ramirez said.

Children from Small Treasures Daycare walked the campus asking for candy in their cute costumes. There was a little Harley Quinn, a little Hulk, and even a little girl dressed a Takis bag.