Cool hair on campus

Sophomore+Paul+displays+his+new+do.+It+took+Paul+about+a+year+to+grow+out+his+hair+for+his+new+style.+

Seabstian Becerra

Sophomore Paul displays his new do. It took Paul about a year to grow out his hair for his new style.

Jesus Vizcarra, Reporter

Athletes and rappers are influencing cool new hairstyles for men. Dreadlocks look really good and they’re easy to maintain.

“I like my hair because it’s really crazy, and I don’t care what other people say about my hair,” sophomore Paul Galdean said. Galdean grew out his hair last year to sport his dreadlock style.

This hairstyle is the perfect way to get creative with styling. One can add different color beads or dye.

“Dreads are unique, and they represent who I am,” Galdean said.

Curls are also trending. Some students curly hair is natural, others need help. Permanent waves are a process that can cost $10 for a home kit to $30 to $150 at a local spa.

“I love the way curly hair looks, but since I don’t have curly hair I had to get a perm,” sophomore Jacob Sanchez said. “It was a great decision.” Sanchez spent $50 for his permed look.

A lot of students have combovers. This haircut is probably the easiest one to get. It only takes a couple months to grow out at the top then have it cut short at the sides. It’s a look that can be accomplished at home as well as at a barbershop.

“I do my hair with wax and a comb,” sophomore Alan Acosta said. “I like combovers because they are easy to do and look really fancy.”