Transfer students a major impact

Genesis Rosales

Transfer students must complete transfer forms annually.

Genesis Rosales, Reporter

There are 601 transfer students in school. School started with 598 student transfers, by Sept. 22.

These transfers make up the 1,961 student population making it the highest enrollment in three years. No one can argue that these transfer students decided that among all of the high schools in the district their final decision was to come to this one.

“Our school has a good reputation, no wonder these students were attracted to come here,” Principal Antonio Acuña said.

Something is pulling in these students.

“Our school’s grades are among the best. Academically our school offers a lot to these students,” attendance clerk, Nora J. Cardoza said.

The school impacts these students, and these students impact the school as well. While other schools are facing enrollment problems, this campus is not facing this difficulty thanks to the high number of transfer students.

Transfer students impact the classroom, making the classes more populated and space more limited.

Transfers must meet certain conditions, to be accepted, as stated on the school website students cannot have a serious violation of the Student’s Code of Conduct, poor attendance, and must maintain passing scores. These conditions do not make it impossible to enroll at school, but it separates those who aren’t serious from those who want more.

“These past four years I had the best teachers. They help me get on top. These teachers will do anything to get their students to surpass themselves, whether it’s hard or not. I got used to to being at Del Valle. One of the best schools,” senior transfer Genesis Herrera said. Herrera transferred from Ysleta High School.