NAHS hosts first annual art show

Photo by Jorge Miranda

Nuestra Comunidad Art Show, April 15, hosted by National Art Honor Society.

Danielle Medina, Reporter

The National Art Honor Society (NAHS) hosted the Nuestra Comunidad Art Show, April 15. The event was planned to bring the community together. NAHS sponsor Eduardo Saucedo said Art is everywhere and it shows different meanings and offers different points of view.

“It was a great experience to share these moments with the community. It’s always nice to have people around you who have the same interest as yourself and it did feel like one family,” senior Emily Cerecerez said.

The use of different mediums in the show included photography, airbrush, painting, sculpture and even a graffiti wall for the community to draw or paint anything they chose.

“A piece of furniture, it could be a painting, it can be a house, it shows creativity in the things. Art is the medium in which you can express yourself creatively,” Saucedo said.

There were over 60 pieces that were entered, the highest priced item, titled Jaguar Warrior, belonged to student teacher Diego Garcia topping off at $180. If participants priced their work then the item was available for sale. Over 300 people came to the event.  

“I entered some of my work and it was a good experience to have. My favorite part was when all the people including myself were drawing on the graffiti wall and having everyone show their art talents,” show participant Andrea Badillo.