Prom jitters and decisions

Prom is on the book and people are talking. While the school is preparing for prom, students are planning for the night and choosing their night outfits.

“You get anxious every day it gets closer, even more when it’s time to go buy your dress and accessories, I went two years ago and all the anxiety i went through was worth it” junior Ashley Wall said.

Prom is famous because of the dresses, the suits and ties but the meaning behind prom is what marks students the most.

“It’s the end of the year and it’s all about having fun,” senior Priscilla Soto said.

What better way than to go with people you care about.

“I would prefer going with friends because in the future you can look back to the good times you’ve had, though having a date is not bad at all, you would have an awesome time if you go with the right person,” senior Ivan Medina said.

Every student has their own point of view on prom.

“It’s the last party before the school year ends,” Wall said.

Some think prom is just another dance but others see prom it as something more.

“Prom should be made fun because you get to spend time with your friends and you have a lot of fun since it’s your last year you don’t want to forget the awesome memories you had in prom,” Soto said.

Prom closes a great school year especially for seniors who are soon graduating.

“It’s the one time of year you can enjoy spending time with the people we shared our school years with before going our own ways,” I.Medina said.

Just like some cherish the thought of this moment, there’s others who aren’t that excited about the event.

“Prom is important only because it’s the last dance of the school year but I prefer hanging out with my friends because we have better plans than a boring dance, some people are very smart for not going,” junior Alex Medina said.

Teachers also have their opinion about what prom is all about.

“I see prom as a final dance to remember high school and a special memory to embrace with friends and maybe a date by your side would be a way to go,”  geometry teacher Alejandro Salas said.