Bonding moments Around the World

Danielle Medina, Reporter

Homecoming gives students and faculty an opportunity to become one.

“Homecoming really wasn’t my thing, but it is my last year and we are supposed to be “one family, so why not spend it with everyone and just enjoy,” senior Norma J. Mendez said.

Every year is unique in it’s own way.

“It’s a time to reunite the past with what’s going on presently. It’s good to hear positive praises from past alumni,”  student council adviser Christopher Lopez said.

Homecoming expectations were high.

“I believe it was a huge achievement, not only mine but the community due to all our traditions and success that will be memorable for years to come,” student council president Nallely Ramirez said.

Homecoming week has plenty to offer. From grass skirts to dress-up, everyone feels the spirit.

“I had fun seeing people who were dressed like the culture they picked and it was fun for me to see people doing activities. I enjoyed everything and I can’t wait for the parade and fireworks,” freshman Fernando Briones said.

Big Bad Blue followed tradition with a parade and a firework display on Oct.15. Eduardo Gutierrez from Class of 1996, nominated by English teacher Richard Sanchez, was introduced at the Honored-ex pep-rally. Performances by the school dance teams and other organizations were all part of the celebration.

“Watching the organizations come together and having them show what they’re all about is always fun because no one knows who’s the best. No matter how good they think they are at least we know that all of us are the same and we see that moment during the fireworks,” senior Jackie Medina said.

Family and friends join to watch the firework display.

“It’s a chance to meet up and just enjoy what’s going on. It’s a new experience. It’s something exciting and I want to see what’s going to happen. I just want to be with my loved ones while I feel like it’s the best thing,” sophomore Amaris Gonzalez said.