Volunteers help bring back school garden

The school had an amazing garden but it was destroyed by a freeze seven years ago. It was a place where science teachers took their students to observe desert plants and animals. The garden is located on the left corner entrance to the student parking lot.

Various people are contributing to help bring back the garden.

“Some of the students from AP Chemistry, and other classes have shown up as well as Mr. De La O and Mrs. Dickerson on Friday morning to assist with the planting as well as during study skills to help with planting, pulling unwanted plants and watering plants,” science teacher Sherri Bryant said

Students and teachers are helping to bring the garden back by caring for it while making sure they don’t harm or bother the wildlife.

“I feel really happy about working on the garden because it’s also a wildlife preserve. We have burrowing owls which are endangered, we have a mommy owl a daddy owl and we believe we have a baby owl, we are very careful when tending to the park because if they leave they will never come back,” science teacher Carol Dickerson. said.

This is a good opportunity for Conquistadores to make a difference in the protection of the garden and to appreciate the wildlife in it.

“I think that the garden is amazing because it can help recognize endangered species and it makes me happy to participate in something other than band and myself,” senior Adam Evans said.