Academics Uil teams bring home the win . . . again

We are the champions my friends. . . sweet sweet victory again at the UiL academic competition at Chapin High School March 28. The school totaled up with 362.84 point crushing the 2nd place school by 84 points. Regional qualifiers will be traveling to Lubbock Thursday April 23.

“I am very proud of my students,” mathematics coach Yolanda Gonzalez said. “We see that all the hard work paid off.”

With 18 qualifiers heading to Lubbock a few are tasting their first bit of it.

“It feels good, because I never thought I would make it this far,” senior Brandon Delgado said. “It was my first year competing in a UiL competition, and I am proud of myself for what I have done.”

Competitors and coaches are not the only ones who are happy and proud of the results.

“It’s very exciting and I am very proud of the students,” campus UiL coordinator Vanessa Dominguez said. “It is a high prestige and it is taking the kids to the next level.”

The Expedition team are back-to-back champions racking up 78 points of the 362.84 that the school earned and the team qualified to regionals in every event, setting the tone for competition next year.

“We have never done it before to be competing in all events, it’s really sweet and i’m very proud of the team,” newspaper coach Antonia Seltzer said. “We have a great chance, with great students.”

The school is now a force to reckon with, and the school’s big boss is proud of everyone.

“I know that every year all schools get themselves ready not for Uil but to beat Del Valle HS,” principal Carmen Crosse said. “I am very proud of every student who competed and every coach that worked with them. I know that many of the students gave up a lot of time to prepare and represent Del Valle.”