Mr. Mojo Up’s speech impacts seniors

While juniors pre-registered for next year and freshmen and sophomores took benchmark tests, seniors listened to a guest speaker, Mr. Mojo Up, Travis Brown. He has visited over 700,00 students throughout the United States and has even given inspirational speeches to profesional sports teams including the Pittsburgh Steelers, Chicago Bears and the Cleveland  Browns.

He campaigns all over the U.S. on his tour, The Mojo Up Anti–Bullying Tour, where he encourages leadership skills to take a stand against bullying.

“Mojo Up is our comprehensive anti-bullying program that’s designed to help school change the culture. Make it a culture or respecting and accepting everybody,” Mr. Mojo said.

Students were quiet as Mr. Mojo talked about bullying, offering personal stories.

“What is normal? Who is normal? Everyone has their definition of normal. There are so many things that make people different, does that make them weird?” Mr. Mojo asked during his speech.

He was wearing a shirt with the hash tag “#YOUMAD” it means everyone makes a difference, every single student matters.

“Sometimes you get lost in the shuffle. Students tell me all the time “I don’t think I have any value,” but I want them to know that they do have value. They have worth, that they count. They have to find the right way to use that in a school environment but every kid matters,” Mr. Mojo said.